At the 2018 National Student Government Summit, you’ll improve your SG and network with peers.
In 2018, the conference will be held at the Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, just five miles from the Capitol, House & Senate office buildings, and the Smithsonian museums! There are free buses on Friday and Saturday that will take you to DC! It is located next to the Pentagon and Arlington National Cemetery.
In your spare time, shop at Union Station, snap photos of the majestic monuments along the Potomac, meet your representatives face-to-face on Capitol Hill, or satisfy your intellectual side with a free visit to the Smithsonian museums. In the evenings, grab a bite in Chinatown, discover real jazz while strolling down U Street, mingle at a trendy bar in Georgetown, or see a play at the infamous Ford’s Theater.
Any SG leader from any school, no matter what state you’re from, is welcome to attend!
The 2018 National Student Government Summit features:
- Dozens of intensive workshops and round-tables designed to address the specific needs of your Student Government
- Workshops for all levels of Student Governments: very evolved and strong SGs, new SGs just starting out, and SGs trying to improve
- 14 brand-new workshops led by new presenters!
- New: Workshops led by student leaders and advisors
- Experienced and knowledgeable speakers from across the nation, all of whom are former SG leaders/advisors themselves
- Workshops and presentations that directly apply to SG advisors and administrators
- Private consulting by appointment
- Meeting space for students/advisors to meet on their own
- Extra built-in time to network and brainstorm with other SG leaders and advisors attending the conference
- Plenty of free-time to experience all that Washington, D.C. and our nation’s Capitol have to offer
- Personal attention from the ASGA’s passionate and personable presenters who have devoted their lives to serving and supporting collegiate Student Governments
What is the date?
The conference will be held Thursday, October 18 through Sunday, October 21, 2018. Come earlier or stay later to lobby on Capitol Hill.
What is the conference location?
The conference is hosted at the Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, 4900 South Orme Street Arlington, Virginia 22204, one of the most beautiful and convenient hotels in the Washington area.
The Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel is just one mile from the Metro, and is just five miles from the U.S. Capitol, the Union Station mall, the National Mall, and the Smithsonian museums. The hotel offers a free shuttle to and from Reagan National Airport and the Metro.
Text ASGA at conference ONLY: 352-258-4604
What is the cost?
Fees will be as low as $339 per person for ASGA members ($100 off!) and $439 for non-members (Register & pay by April 13, 2018 for these Platinum Planner rates). The earlier you register, the lower the cost! Register six or more and save.
What will be the total attendance?
The National Student Government Summit is the largest Student Government conference in America. Last year, 635 student leaders and advisors from 120 institutions in 33 states attended (48 community colleges, 36 public institutions, and 36 private institutions).
What’s included in the registration fee?
- Admission to all workshops, roundtables, and presentations (nearly 100) over the entire four-day conference
- Extensive hand-outs
- Two lunches: A hot plated sit-down lunch on Friday (salad, pasta, dessert, bread, iced tea) and a lunch on Saturday (choice of restaurants at Union Station)
- Three breakfasts: Free light breakfast on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning (coffee/tea, juice, and a selection of bagels, muffins, and fruit)
- Free coffee breaks on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning
- Free reception (sponsored by George Washington University’s Graduate School of Political Management)
- Free ASGA LOVES ADVISORS reception on Thursday evening (open bar and hot food). Beautiful view of U.S. Capitol
- Free tour of the U.S. Capitol (sign up early)
- Free tour of the U.S. Holocaust Museum (sign up early)
- Waiver of application fees for the American Student Leader Awards (America’s Best Student Government, President, and Advisor)
- Private consulting appointments (one-hour blocks valued at $499 are very limited, so sign up early)
- Discounts on Constitution Review bonus services at the conference
- Discounts on Elections Codes Review bonus services at the conference
- Discounts on Parliamentary Procedure Training before the conference
- Discounts on Student Government Presidents Bootcamp offered before the conference
- An “ASGA Conferences Rock!” T-shirt for each delegate from CampusTshirt.com (valued at $10 each)
- One ASGA “Flash Drive” for each school that registers (includes all PowerPoints and handouts from the conference) valued at $29.95
- National Student Government Summit binder, ASGA notepad, ASGA pen
- Free Internet (valued at $14.95 daily) at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel if you stay there
- A 10% discount on ASGA membership for non-members who join within 10 days of the conference
- 20% discount on ASGA Store items (leadership books, DVDs, CDs, and more) purchased at the conference (use ASGADC code)
- 35% discount on on-campus SG consultations booked at the conference
- Excellent personal service and attention from the ASGA team