The National Student Government Summit features 51 training workshops, 37 roundtables, and one dozen private consulting appointments.
This conference features nearly two-times the content and training of any other SG conference in the nation!
Learn more about this year’s workshops, so you can plan which ones to attend.
Workshop Guide & Descriptions
Below are the workshops from the 2017 conference. The 2018 workshops will be updated closer to the conference date.
After your participation in an ASGA conference, student leaders and advisors will be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- Understand the purpose, role, and function of an effective Student Government
- Know how to recruit more candidates and how to improve voter turnout in SG elections
- Understand how to collaboratively work with administrators and staff to participate fully in the college or university governance process
- Understand how to effectively deal with conflict within their organizations
- Understand how to manage their time to be more competent and effective as a student leader
- Quantify the current skill level of their Student Government and will be able to identify steps to improve in the future
- Understand how to efficiently transition to the next group of officers and members
- Understand how to market Student Government to be more attention campuswide and improve SG’s image
- Learn how to focus on realistic and attainable goals and will understand the definition of a winnable issue
- Learn how to include all students into Student Government